LeaderTHERM consists of impregnated phlogopite mica`flake structure. Mica, an aluminosilicate of mineral origin, has a lamellar and non fibrousstructure representing an excellent alternative to asbestos at high temperatures. This material gives LeaderTHERM Sheet its thermal characteristics - weight loss at 800 C (1472 F) less than 5% - and its chemical resistance to solvents, acids, bases and mineral oils.
LeaderTHERM Sheet is developed specifically for high temperature applications (up to 1800F) as a sheet material, filler for spiral wound gaskets or facing for kammprofiles. The material offers outstanding resistance to
elevated temperatures as well as good sealability at moderate pressures.
- Exhaust manifolds
- Gas turbines
- Gas and oil burners
- Heat exchanger
- Maximum continuous service temperature 1800F
- LeaderTHERM Sheet & Tanged rated to a maximum of 80 psi
- Spiral wound style *SRI-LTD rated to 1500F for ASME B16.5 Class 150 to 2500
- Spiral wound style SRI-LT (LeaderTHERM “only” filler) consult with LGT engineering dept.
- Spiral wound style SRI-LCL (LeaderTHERM “only” filler & Kamprofile Inner Ring Facing ) consult with LGT engineering dept.
- LeaderKAM with hybrid facing (inhibited graphite and LeaderTHERM combination) rated to 850°C for ASME B16.5
* Hybrid spiral wound gasket with (3) LeaderTHERM wraps on O.D. and remaining wraps of inhibited grade graphite. Oxidizing processes will require an additional (3) wraps of Leadertherm on I.D.
- M= 3.5
- Y= 4350 psi